Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Wharton, located off of US Route 59 between Houston and Corpus Christi. Our hotel offers a welcome stop for the traveler driving through Texas or the vacationer looking for a historic small town Texas experience.
Start your day off right with our free deluxe continental breakfast and coffee in our lobby. Stay connected with free wireless high-speed Internet access in our guest rooms and common areas. Corporate travelers will be sure to take advantage of our copy and fax service, as well as our business center. Appreciate the convenience of our guest laundry facility. Enjoy the privacy and comfort of your own guest room featuring amenities including a microwave, mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker, 40-inch flat panel cable TV with ESPN and HBO, free local calls, and wake-up service. Sorry, no pets allowed.
Spend a day at Riverfront Park taking in the beauty of the Colorado River as it winds its way down to the Gulf of Mexico or see our life-size dinosaur sculpture. The Wharton County Historical Museum has an impressive wild game trophy room and the house that veteran newsman Dan Rather was born in is now located at the museum. Visitors can stay downtown to see our restored county courthouse that was built in 1889 or enjoy the antique shops located around the historic downtown district. You can also take in a live show at our beautiful Plaza Theatre. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the several restaurants located close to the hotel including Taste Woods BBQ, K-Bob’s Steakhouse, Burr Country Store and Grill, or Whataburger.
At Americas Best Value Inn Wharton, We’ve Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Harris Park, 1.5 mi.
* Guadalupe Park, 1.6 mi.
* Plaza Theatre, 2.7 mi.
* Riverfront Park, 2.8 mi.
* Kings Golf Center, 3.6 mi.
* Showplace 3, 15.8 mi.
* El Campo Bowling Center, 15.8 mi.
* Business Center
* Guest Laundry Facility
* Restored Southern Pacific Railroad Depot, 2.1 mi.
* Wharton County Courthouse, 2.5 mi.
* Wharton County Historical Museum, 3.3 mi.
* 20th Century Technology Museum, 3.3 mi.
* Free deluxe continental breakfast
* Free coffee in lobby
* Taste Woods BBQ, walking distance
* Whataburger, 0.2 mi.
* Burr Country Store and Grill, 0.3 mi.
* K-Bob's Steakhouse, 1.3 mi.
* Denny's, 1.5 mi.
* Jack in the Box, 1.7 mi.
* Wok D'Lit, 1.7 mi.
* McDonald's, 1.9 mi.
* Wharton Seafood, 1.9 mi.
* Subway, 2.1 mi.
* Sonic Drive-In, 2.2 mi.
* Dominos Pizza, 2.5 mi.
* Church's Chicken, 2.6 mi.
* Los Cucos Mexican Cafe, 2.7 mi.
* Baytown Seafood and Steakhouse, 3.1 mi.
* Hinze BBQ, 8.5 mi.
* Nan Ya Plastics Corp., 0.3 mi.
* Natural Gas Pipeline Co., 1.6 mi.
* Schulumberger Technology Corp., 1.7 mi.
* Ranch House Designs, 2.2 mi.
* Houston Pipe Line Co., 2.5 mi.
* Texas Mid Gulf Cablevision, 3.9 mi.
* Freedom Festival, June
Local Colleges and Universities
* Wharton County Junior College, 2.8 mi.
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals
* South Texas Medical Clinic, 0.4 mi.