Americas Best Value Inn welcomes you to Athens, Tennessee, known as the "Friendly City". Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Athens offers a southern hospitality that grew during the years when it was a small agricultural center. For the adventurous, we are a short drive from the Smokey Mountain Cherahola Skyway and the famous Dragon Back, boasting more hairpin turns than any other 13 mile stretch of road in the United States. Nearby is the Fort Loudoun State Historic Area which provides a glimpse of life during the time of the French and Indian War. The historic park also offers hiking, boating, fishing, picnicking, and special events. Our hotel is also near the Tennessee Wesleyan College, Rhea County Courthouse (famous for the Scopes monkey trial), and McMinn County Living Heritage Museum. The Congress Crossing Mall, Galaxy Skate Center, and Classic Lanes Bowling are also minutes from our hotel. Local restaurants include Captain D's Seafood, Ming Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, Papa John's, Ruby Tuesday, and Waffle House.
Start your day with our free continental breakfast available daily from 6:30am - 9:30am. Breakfast items include donuts, orange juice, and coffee. Enjoy a family barbecue in our picnic area. Appreciate the convenience of our vending machine and ice machine. Our front desk and lobby are open 24 hours/day. Pets are welcome for a daily charge of $5 per pet. Rest easy in our spacious guest rooms with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves, cable TVs with HBO, mini-fridges, hairdryers, and free local calls. At Americas Best Value Inn Athens, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
I-75 exit 49, behind Cracker Barrel
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Congress Crossing Mall, 0.4 mi.
* Galaxy Skate Center, 0.6 mi.
* Classic Lanes Bowling, 1.2 mi.
* Madison Square Antique Mall, 3.2 mi.
* American Cinema of Athens, 3.6 mi.
* Midway Drive In Theatre, 6.1 mi.
* Barbecue picnic area
* Mayfield Dairy Farms, 3.3 mi.
* McMinn County Living Heritage Museum, 3.3 mi.
* Meigs County Historical Museum, 11.2 mi.
* 7th Street Ball Park Stadium, 13.2 mi.
* Free continental breakfast with donuts, orange juice, and coffee available from 6:30-9:30am.
* Dunkin Donuts, 0.2 mi.
* Captain D's Seafood, 0.4 mi.
* Ming Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, 0.6 mi.
* Papa John's, 0.8 mi.
* McDonald's, 0.9 mi.
* Athens Diner, 1.3 mi.
* Ruby Tuesday, 1.3 mi.
* Waffle House, 1.3 mi.
* Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 1.5 mi.
* Mexi-Wings Restaurant, 2.7 mi.
* Kmart, 0.4 mi.
* WalMart Supercenter, 0.4 mi.
* Tractor Supply Company, 1.5 mi.
* Security Finance Corporation, 1.7 mi.
* World Finance, 1.7 mi.
Local Colleges and Universities
* Tennessee Wesleyan College, 2.7 mi.
* Cleveland State Community College, 3.1 mi.
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals
* Athens Regional Medical Center, 2.2 mi.