Americas Best Value Inn welcomes you to Athens, Tennessee, known as the "Friendly City". Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Athens offers a southern hospitality that grew during the years when it was a small agricultural center. For the adventurous, we are a short drive from the Smokey Mountain Cherahola Skyway and the famous Dragon Back, boasting more hairpin turns than any other 13 mile stretch of road in the United States. Nearby is the Fort Loudoun State Historic Area which provides a glimpse of life during the time of the French and Indian War. The historic park also offers hiking, boating, fishing, picnicking, and special events. Our hotel is also near the Tennessee Wesleyan College, Rhea County Courthouse (famous for the Scopes monkey trial), and McMinn County Living Heritage Museum. The Congress Crossing Mall, Galaxy Skate Center, and Classic Lanes Bowling are also minutes from our hotel. Local restaurants include Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Captain D's Seafood, Ming Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, Papa John's, Ruby Tuesday, and Waffle House.
Start your day with our free continental breakfast available daily from 6:30am - 9:30am. Breakfast items include donuts, orange juice, and coffee. Appreciate the convenience of our vending machine and ice machine. Our front desk and lobby are open 24 hours/day. Pets are welcome for a daily charge of $5 per pet. Rest easy in our spacious guest rooms with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwaves, cable TVs with HBO, mini-fridges, hairdryers, and free local calls. At Americas Best Value Inn Athens, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
I-75 exit 49, behind Cracker Barrel
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Athens Regional Park, 1 mi.
* Congress Crossing Mall, 1.6 mi.
* Athens Movie Palace, 2.1 mi.
* Classic Lanes Bowling, 2.3 mi.
* Snap Fitness, 2.4 mi.
* The Tanning Co, 2.9 mi.
* Hollywood Body Spa & Laser, 4 mi.
* Madison Square Antique Mall, 4.1 mi.
* 24/7 Family Fitness, 4.4 mi.
* Prof Park, 4.6 mi.
* Rock Springs Golf Course, 4.6 mi.
* Swingin’ Midway Drive In Theatre, 9.5 mi.
* Decatur Park, 9.8 mi.
* Candies Creek Wildlife Management Area, 19.7 mi.
* Bradley Square Mall, 23.3 mi.
* Bradley Square 12, 23.6 mi.
* Tellico Community Playhouse, 33.9 mi.
* Crossville Outlet Center, 56 mi.
* McMinn County Living Heritage Museum, 3.8 mi.
* Mayfield Dairy Farms, 4.7mi.
* Swift Museum, 8.8 mi.
* Meigs County Historical Museum, 9.8 mi.
* The Lost Sea Adventure, 16.3 mi.
* Hiwassee Ocoee State Park, 21.2 mi.
* The Sequoyah Birthplace Museum, 30.6 mi.
* Fort Loudoun State Historic, 30.7 mi.
* Smoky Mountain Speedway, 39.9 mi.
* Harrison Bay State Park, 41.9 mi.
* Great Smoky Mountains National Park, 48.1 mi.
* Free continental breakfast with donuts, orange juice, and coffee available from 6:30-9:30am.
* Dunkin Donuts, 0.2 mi.
* Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 0.2 mi.
* Mexi-Wings Restaurant, 0.2 mi.
* Waffle House, 0.2 mi.
* Ruby Tuesday, 0.3 mi.
* Shoney's Athens, 0.4 mi.
* Krystal, 0.6 mi.
* Captain D's Seafood, 1.8 mi.
* McDonald's, 1.9 mi.
* Zaxby’s, 2 mi.
* Papa John's, 2.1 mi.
* Yamato Japanese Steak House, 2.1 mi.
* Ming Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, 2.2 mi.
* El Jinete Mexican Restaurant, 2.4 mi.
* Monterrey Mexican Restaurant, 2.9 mi.
* Vulcan Materials Company, 1.2 mi.
* Athens Reginal Convention Center, 1.4 mi.
* WalMart Supercenter, 1.9 mi.
* Tractor Supply Company, 2.4 mi.
* Frito-Lay Distribution Center, 2.9 mi.
* Security Finance Corporation, 2.9 mi.
* World Finance Corporation, 3 mi.
* Starr Regional Medical Center – Athens, 3.3 mi.
* Woods Memorial Hospital, 13.3 mi.
* Amazon Fulfillment Center, 16.7 mi.
* Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, 21.3 mi.
* CVS Caremark Distribution Center, 25.3 mi.
* McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, 57.6 mi.
* Chattanooga Riverbend Festival, June
* National Muscadine Festival, September
* Crossville Oktoberfest, October
* Pumkintown Fesitival, October
* Christmas Bazaar and Craft Show, November
Local Colleges and Universities
* Tennessee Wesleyan College, 3.9 mi.
* Cleveland State Community College, 4.3 mi.
* Bryan College, 23.3 mi.
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals
* Athens Regional Medical Center, 2.2 mi.