Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn of Raton, NM. We are conveniently located three blocks west of I-25 exit 451, on Highways 87 and 64. Relax with your family at Sugarite Canyon State Park. Go boating in Lake Maloya and Lake Alice, climb the caprock, hike the many mountain trails, and picnic in the beautiful meadows. Spend some time at Raton Pass, a historical pass that was used during the Mexican-American War by American soldiers in route to New Mexico. Expand your knowledge of the local history by visiting Raton Museum, located in Historic Downtown Raton. Enjoy a meal at our on-site restaurant The Sands or at one of the local restaurants including Arby's, Denny's, McDonald's, Sonic Drive-In, KFC, and La Cosina Cafe. Appreciate the convenience of having hi-speed Internet access, cable TV, a coffeemaker, and a hairdryer in your own guest room. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Dogs are welcome at a charge of $20 per pet/per night. No cats allowed.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Spur Lanes (Bowling), 1.3 mi.
* El Raton Theatre (Movie Theater), 1.7 mi.
* Raton Municipal Golf Course, 1.8 mi.
* Sugarite Canyon State Park (Lake Maloya), 6.1 mi.
* Angel Fire Ski Resort, 147 mi.
* Picnic area and tables
* Sands Restaurant on-site
* Raton Convention Center, 0.9 mi.
* Scouting Museum, 1.2 mi.
* America the Beautiful Park, 1.3 mi.
* New Mexico Highlands University Raton, 1.4 mi.
* Colfax Railroad Museum, 1.8 mi.
* Raton Museum, 2 mi.
* Raton Pass (Historical Landmark), 9.4 mi.
* Trinidad History Museum, 23.4 mi.
* Capulin Volcano National Monument, 65.5 mi.
* Sands Restaurant, On premises.
* Arby's, Walking Distance.
* Denny's, Walking Distance.
* McDonald's, Walking Distance.
* Sonic Drive-In, Walking Distance.
* KFC, Walking Distance.
* La Cosina Cafe, 0.9 mi.
* Subway, 2.1 mi.
* Bank of America, Walking Distance
* K-Mart, Walking Distance
* Medicine Shoppe - Pharmacy, 0.4 mi.
* US Post Office, 1.4 mi.
* Miners Coalfax Hospital, 1.7 mi.