Located in Plattsburgh, New York, one of the prime gateways between the U.S. and Canada, the Americas Best Value Inn offers all the comforts of home. We're proud to offer guest rooms with King, Queen, and Full size beds. Coffeemakers are available in all guestrooms. Microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffeemakers are available in all of the guest rooms. You can stay in touch with complimentary Internet access and complimentary local calls. Guest can start their day with our complimentary continental breakfast.
Entertainment for the entire family includes our sparkling outdoor pool and picnic area, including BBQ grills. Children 14 and under stay free and pets are always invited for a small nightly charge. Our courteous staff looks forward to making your stay a wonderful experience.
Situated on the western shore of Lake Champlain, Plattsburgh has played host to a number of historic struggles and events. The city is perhaps best known as the site of the War of 1812's Battle of Plattsburgh, a history that is recounted at the Battle of Plattsburgh Interpretive Center, where models of three American war ships are on display. Plattsburgh's history is further explored at Clinton County Historical Museum and the Kent-Delord House Museum.
But historical attractions are not the city's only draw. Parks, golf courses and family amusement centers present an array of opportunities for family fun and outdoor activities. Go-karting at Ponderosa Family Entertainment Center, scuba diving in Lake Champlain and apple picking at Applejacks Orchard are just a few of the activities that await visitors. Travelers should not miss the Plattsburgh State Art Museum, which features a sculpture park, a gallery of works by Rockwell Kent and a schedule of temporary art exhibitions.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Golfing at Bluff Point Golf Club and Resort
* Explore Lake Champlain on a scuba charter from Champlain Dive Center Scuba Charters
* Enjoy the excitement of go-kart racing, bumper boats and an 18-hole mini-golf course at Ponderosa Family Entertainment Center
* Adirondack Mountain and Lake Placid Sleigh Rides offers private, romantic sleigh rides in the Olympic village of Lake Placid, amidst the Adirondack Mountains
* Relive the farm life of New England in the 1800s at Country Dreams Farm Plattsburgh
* Pick apples and pumpkins at Applejacks Orchard. Find hayrides, hay maze, petting zoo, Billie Goat Mountain and country gift shop
* Outdoor pool
* Picnic area with tables
* BBQ grills
* Ponderosa Family Entertainment Center, 0.3 mi.
* Airborne International Raceway, 1.5 mi.
* Battle of Plattsburgh Interpretive Center, 2.3 mi.
* Plattsburgh City Beach, 2.42 mi.
* Lake Champlain, 13.1 mi.
* Saranac Lake, 35.6 mi.
* Lake Placid, 36.8 mi.
* Lake Placid Skiing and Olympic Center, 37.5 mi.
* Adirondack Park, 40.1 mi.
* Montreal, Canada, 64.4 mi.
* Butcher Block, Directly in Front of Property
* Friendly's, Walking Distance
* Applebee's Neighborhood Grill, Walking Distance
* Lum's Family Restaurant, Walking Distance
* Ponderosa Steakhouse, 0.5 mi.
* Desert Moon Fresh Mexican Grill, 1 mi.
* Giuseppe's Pizza Shop, 1.5 mi.
* New York Power Authority, 1.5 mi.
* Champlain Valley Phys Hospital, 1.5 mi.
* Verizon Communications, 2.1 mi.
* Blue Cross And Blue Shield, 2.3 mi.
* Frito-Lay Inc, 4.6 mi.
* BP, 6.7 mi.
* Coca-Cola Bottling Co, 21mi.
* Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc, 21.1 mi.
* Northwestern Medical Center, 22.3 mi.