Conveniently and centrally located the Americas Best Value Inn proves to be a great starting point for those visiting historic Mt. Vernon. Our property is a four story, exterior corridor facility with spacious guestrooms. Our attractive and well appointed facility is within a short distance of many of the best restaurants, golf courses, museums and attractions that Mt. Vernon has to offer. We have ADA compliant guestrooms. We serve a fresh complimentary deluxe continental breakfast daily, and coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. There are six restaurants located within walking distance. All our guestrooms have complimentary hi-speed internet, recliners (in our king rooms only), refrigerators, microwaves, cable television with HBO, hairdryers, complimentary local calls, and wake-up service. Irons and ironing boards are available upon request at the Front Desk. For our business travelers we offer fax and copy facilities. There is a guest laundromat on-site. For additional safety we have electronic door locks, smoke detectors, superior exterior lighting, and a 24-hour front desk staff. We look forward to making your stay with us a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Take a look at what the City of Mt. Vernon has to offer. Many attractions are free of charge and others have minimal costs. Art and nature take center stage at the Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, the home of Mt. Vernon's chrome gorilla, as well as 85 acres showcasing the beauty of Southern Illinois with the added bonus of sculptures, an art museum, and many programs in the arts. There is an authentic log cabin village, the historic Appellate Courthouse, where Abe Lincoln tried some of his most famous cases, the award winning GenKota winery, all kinds of outdoor activities, and the beautiful Rend Lake Recreation Area. Mt. Vernon is home to a wide variety of yearly events for the entire family including Mt. Vernon's Cedarhurst Craft Fair, the totally unique Sweet Corn and Watermelon Festival, the Midwest Herb and Garden Show, the Wine and Art Festival, barbecue events, and thrilling rodeo action. Other must see attractions include Iris Farm, Marlow's Pumpkin Patch, the Historical Village, Mt. Vernon Raceway, C.E. Brehm Memorial Public Library, Rend Lake College, the Mitchell Art Museum, and the Historic Jail Museum. Plan your next vacation, meeting, or adventure in the city of Mt Vernon, and stay with us at Americas Best Value Inn.
Off-Site Recreational Activities
* Golfing at Rend Lake, Indian Hills, Green Hills, Cherry Creek Golf courses
* Hiking, picnicking, and barbecuing at Bakerview Park
* The Showplace 8 Movie Theatre is nearby
* Bowling at NuBowl Lanes
* Guest laundry facility
* GenKota Winery , 0.2 mi.
* lris Farm , 0.4 mi.
* Marlow's Pumpkin Patch, 2.2 mi.
* Appellate Court House of Jefferson County Tours, 2.3 mi.
* Historical Village, 2.6
* Mt. Vernon Raceway, 2.7 mi.
* C.E. Brehm Memorial Public Library, 2.8 mi.
* Rend Lake College, 2.8 mi.
* Mitchell Art Museum, 2.8 mi.
* Indian Hills Golf Course, 2.8
* Historic Jail Museum, 3.2 mi.
* Rend Lake Golf and Recreation Area, 3.2 mi.
* Free continental breakfast served daily
* Pasta House, Next door
* Chinese Buffet Restaurant, Next door
* Chili's Grill and Bar, 0.5 mi.
* Ryan's Family Steakhouse, 0.5 mi.
* Applebees Neighborhood Grill and Bar, 0.5 mi.
* Danny's Steak and Shake Restaurant, 0.5 mi.
* Cracker Barrel, 0.8 mi.
* Bob Evans Restaurant, 0.8 mi.
* Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon Restaurant, 1 mi.
* Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, 0.6 mi.
* Jax Asphalt Company, 2.4 mi.
* L S Wood Printing Co, 2.5 mi.
* Illinois Petroleum Resources, 2.8 mi.
* Ray Black and Sons Construction, 2.9 mi.
* Ashleman Construction, 3.5 mi.
* Lipps Construction Co, 3.6 mi.
* Midwest Herb and Garden show, February
* Steel Guitar Show, April
* Cedarhurst Craft Fair, September
* Southern Illinois Harvest Festival and Little Egypt Fly-In, October